Friday, February 12, 2016

Spotlight on ANCESTORCLOUD.com

Whenever I learn of a new platform in which to do genealogy, or something that makes my life in the world of Family History easier, I like to share with my friends and basically anyone else who is interested.

This week I returned from RootsTech2016 which was held in Salt Lake City, Utah.  If you are big into genealogy and haven't attended RootsTech yet, I highly encourage you to go.  The courses are amazing and the new innovations presented are definitely worth checking out.

With Wesley of AncestorCloud at their display at RootsTech2016.


One of the people I met at RootsTech2016 was Wesley with AncestorCloud.  I had recently signed on with their site but had not taken full advantage of it yet, but I am now!  Basically, the site is dedicated to assisting people in their research by providing researchers who will "Bid" on your request.  Yes, "Bid" as in money.  Sort of like Ebay for Genealogy!

You can place a request for the need you have, such as searching for a death record, and then place a monetary value that you are willing to pay to have that research done for you.  AncestorCloud acts as the broker so that you are ensured quality results.  Likewise, if you would like to volunteer as a researcher, you may do so, and AncestorCloud will ensure that if your proposal is accepted, you get paid.  Easy as that.

For  more information and details simply to go AncestorCloud.com.  Let Wesley know I sent you!

2 comments:

  1. Great piece Melyssa! Keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wesley! So happy to have met you and look forward to working with you in the future!

      Delete